Task 1 General IELTS Questions (Most recently added questions are first)
1) You are living overseas and have just come across an article about your country in a magazine where some of the information is incorrect.
Write a letter to the editor.
Explaining what is the incorrect information
Write how the editor could change it
Suggest another topic about your country that they could write about
2)You are planning to give a presentation in your company. Write a letter to your colleague asking for help.
When and where the presentation will be
What the presentation is about
What you would like your colleague to do
3) Write a letter to the manager about the important documents which you left in their taxi.
In the letter, you should:
say where you left it
why it is important
what you want the manager to do.
4) You are moving to a new country. Write a letter to the accommodation agency to:
Introduce you and your family
State your preferences about the type of accommodation
Give your preferred location
5) Write a letter to a friend to invite him to watch movie about your country.
Describe the movie
Explain why it would interest him.
6)You are currently running a course and have a part-time job. Your boss suggested that you leave your course and work full time. Write a letter to your boss, in your letter:
Tell him/her your decision
Give the reason for your decision
Offer to help find a replacement
7) Your local council have asked for suggestions in how to keep the city cleaner. Write a letter to the councillor with the following information:
Explain what the council can do
State what the local people can do
Describe how the local community would benefit from these changes
8) You are planning a party for your family and want to invite a friend. Write a letter and include the following information:
1) When and where will the party be?
2) Describe what will happen at the party?
3) Suggest a gift for the family member
9) You are relocating back to your country from abroad. There is some furniture you want to give to your friend. Write a letter to your friend:
1) Explain why you are giving them the furniture
2) Give details about the furniture 3) Explain how you would like them to collect it.
10) You recently attended a course in another country but had to leave the course to return back to your country. Write a letter to your teacher.
In the letter, you should:
Tell them your situation
Explain them what you liked about their lecture.
11) A colleague at work is organising a goodbye party which you’re not able to attend. Write a letter to him/her.
In the letter, you should:
Explain reason why you cannot attend
good memories you have spent
how you will stay in touch.
Task 2 (Most recently added questions are first)
1) People sleep less than before in many countries. Why do people sleep less? What effect does it have individually and on society?
2) Some people do not mind to spend their leisure time with their colleagues, while some people prefer to keep their private life separate from their work life. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3)Some people believe that children should be given lessons on how to manage money in school. Do you agree or disagree?
4) Leaders and directors in organisations are generally older people. Some people think younger leaders would be better. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5)If companies sell a product and people buy it, then advertising is not necessary and is considered as a kind of entertainment. To what extent do you agree?
6) Some people believe that in order for a hobby to be enjoyable, it needs to be challenging. Do you agree or disagree?
7) Some people think that a good diet and exercise are not necessary for a long and healthy life. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8) Some people think that watching movies is a waste of time. Do you agree or disagree?
9) Some think that sugar restriction should be on a governmental level, while others think that everyone should do it by themselves. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
10)People doing different jobs enjoy different amounts of holiday time. Some people believe that everyone should have the same amount of holiday time. What is your opinion?
11) Nowadays people do not normally know their neighbours. What is the cause of this problem? What can be done to solve it?
12) Some people believe that museums and historic sites should be open for free for children under 18. Do you agree or disagree?
13) Some people believe students of different age groups in school should be put in the same class. What is your opinion?
14) Due to transporting goods and people pollution is increasing. Some people think that the government should solve these issues while others think this is the individual’s responsibility. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
15)Some people feel that courses can make anyone into a teacher, while others feel an excellent teacher cannot be made by completing a course. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
16) Some people believe that the government should spend money on creating new public buildings, while others believe that this money should be spent on protecting existing ones. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
17) Some people think the best way to learn about world events is from a newspaper. Others think that the best way is to learn through social media. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
18) Some people think that a high salary is important when choosing a company to work for, while others think that a good working atmosphere is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
19) Many people think we have to focus on the extinction of animals, while others think that we should pay attention to the problems of human beings. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
20) More and more people are opting for ready-made food instead of freshly cooked food. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
21) Many world cities are increasing in size. What are the problems associated with it? What are the solutions to these problems?
22) Nowadays a lot of food is being wasted. What are the reasons for this? What are the solutions to this?
23) Nowadays rich people are becoming richer and poor people are becoming poorer. What are the problems associated with this? What are the solutions to these problems?